View Single Post
Old May 4, 2009, 10:50 PM   #22
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I have seen a domestic die "in" fright, I don't know if it was of fright or the possible broke neck... I used to get free pitbulls from a well known breeder of "game" dogs before it was an illegal sport nation wide... The ones I got were the ones who didn't make the "cut". One got loose from a yard chain when the screw link came unscrewed. He ran down the road with me right behind on my bicycle and into a neighbor yard and right up to a rabbit hutch. when I arrived some 10-15 seconds (maybe a few more) he was barking at one bay and the doe bunny was dead as a door nail. The owner was a VERY COOL cajun guy... He came out with a .22 rifle and said "Boy yer gonna shoot that dog and mow my grass and I will let this go..." Needless to say I returned home with the leash and collar in my pocket and grass clippings on my shoes...

I wonder if the bunny I shot at didn't leap up and break his neck landing on it... I really inspected hard for a wound. I have missed the last few squirrels with the exception of one (last one I tried) and it was a dirty shoot that required a bulldog to hunt it down for me wounded. I need to set down and adjust the scope but neighbors gripe with more than a few shots... My crosshairs were centered on the base of skull so a hit would have been a head shot (should be one inch low at 50 feet if zero on 60 yards I reckon since rings are tallish see thru), shoulders, or lateral in the back along spine. Any of these should have created visible damage... Not sayin' I did a perfect job lookin' and we will never know and "Deadly" the bulldog wouldn't know a bullet from a bone or even a rock the way she eats these things...
Brent

Page generated in 0.03600 seconds with 8 queries