View Single Post
Old August 4, 2006, 09:38 PM   #1
FirstFreedom

Consolidated Omnibus Pre-Season Hodgepodge Smorgasbord of hunting questions

OK, I'm gonna have a lot, as usual. Others may too. Couple to start with...

1. I made some scent killer from local flora. I put it into a Windex spray bottle. Before I poured it in, I ran hot soapy water several times through the bottle & sprayed it a dozen or more times, then repeated with just hot water until seemingly clean/rinsed. But the windex had ammonia in it, which deer can sense very well. Will there still be trace amounts of ammonia in the tube, making the whole exercise of spraying myself counterproductive, even though I cleaned & rinsed it pretty thoroughly?

2. I just bought a "Hunter's Hand Auger", for starting holes in trees, in order to put screw-in steel tree stand climbing steps. Anyone have one - do they work? I'm assuming cottonwoods are soft enough that I won't have to haul a cordless drill & extra battery pack into the woods..

3. Those drip-scrape hanging bottle thingies that you can buy and hang in trees, that only drip during daylight hours, but not at night - they supposedly 'train' the deer to visit the scrapes during daylight hours. Do they work as advertised?

4. Gerber's new "Carnivore" blood trail handlamp thingy - does it work to make blood stand out as bright red much better than other products, as advertised?

Answer by number please.

Page generated in 0.02730 seconds with 8 queries