View Single Post
Old July 19, 2012, 01:11 PM   #21
jbrow117

Sizing Die

There's a lot of good information here. I have the Hornady dies plus the #45 plate and mine has the same issue with .45 ACP which is all I reload (not jut your press). Everyone has covered the advancing of the plate etc. I had a really sloppy press when I pulled the handle as the arms had a big gap. I took off the pin locks on the large pins and threw about .100 shim and .05 at the bottom and it helped some but I still get this occationally (tolerancing could be better but than the price would go up). I think one guy hit on it that it's the deprimer punch is not hitting the hole in the center. I have all the usual problems that others have mentioned also. You just have to have a little mechanical apptitute.
Oh, mine still does not line up occtionally with the primer pocket and I'll have to wiggle it. YES I've adjusted and did all the things mentined. It's just something specific to Honady. I don't know if other presses have issues because Honady is all I've even owned. I had the single before the LNL

Page generated in 0.02336 seconds with 8 queries