Thread: First loads...
View Single Post
Old November 17, 2007, 08:50 PM   #7
CrustyFN

Quote:
I kinda like the idea of the Lee Classic Turret, because I could probably load a lot of 9mm in a hurry. On the other hand, maybe the RCBS Rock Chucker would work pretty well for me also.
Both are great presses. You will be able to get into the Lee for quite a bit less money. The RC will make ammo 50 to 75 rounds per hour. The Lee CT will make close to 200 per hour. Both will make very good ammo. I load 9mm, 38/357 and 223 on my classic turret. Loading five hours a week I can have close to 1,000 rounds of pistol ammo. The rifle takes a little longer because of the case prep. For me the single stage press would have been to slow for my needs. The CT is also cheap to add new calibers to when you decide to start loading something else. As mentioned earlier always use lead data for lead bullets and jacketed data for jacketed bullets. As far as the brand of bullet say 9mm 124 grain, I use the data for 124 grain no matter who makes the bullet. Start at the low end and work up. Never start loading at or near max.
Rusty

Page generated in 0.03351 seconds with 8 queries