View Single Post
Old April 18, 2013, 04:41 PM   #109
Dashunde

^I totally agree, not only would it free up those resources, making pot legal would eliminate much of the pot-related gang, distribution and dealer street crime. Nobody is getting shot at over booze and cigs anymore...
If we're lucky it might even put a dent in Mexico's problems.
The smarter ones could convert into proper "growing" businesses that paid taxes, had real employees and so on.
Its a real travesty that we have spent so much for so long and incarcerated (at our expense) so many over a damn weed.

I do wonder though... if pot were legalized, what would some of the scrounging dealers do without a viable product to sell... what sort of other trouble would they go find or push instead?

I dont know about the antis... a good number are staunch liberal, generally not annoyed with pot, particularly the current crop (haha) of 20-50 year olds.
They might actually see it as win-win if convictions of current gun laws went up.

The died in the wool Republican conservatives and a decent percentage of gun folk wouldnt like legalizing it too much... but hey, if it diverts resources to pursue the existing gun laws we have and that we routinely say are not enforced it should be a good trade-off with the end result being reduced gun crimes after a few examples are made to show the laws are being enforced, finally...just maybe, taking some heat off of 2A in general.

Page generated in 0.02645 seconds with 8 queries