Thread: less lethal
View Single Post
Old March 29, 2012, 02:26 PM   #37
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy
...Your way of thinking about it is good. But I think my way is better. If I thought your way was better I'd convert....
I'll be blunt. Your way of thinking about it is not better. It is wrong and foolish. To quote pax, it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pax
...bad-foolish...
Your changing your mind is not my affair. You're an adult and free to be foolish. The consequences to you of your choices and attitudes is not my concern.

However, it's my responsibility to be concerned, and I am concerned, that foolish ideas and attitudes not go unchallenged here so that perhaps others will not be misled to their grief. So for the sake of others who may have been reading your your posts here, I'll point out that your ideas and perspectives have been criticized and rejected by --
  • Pax, a well known author on self defense matters who is also a prominent instructor at the Firearms Academy of Seattle and a former student of Massad Ayoob;

• OldMarksman, an alumnus of Massad Ayood's MAG-40 class who also has a legal background;

• Bartholomew Roberts, a lawyer who is very well versed in self defense and use of force matters; and

• Me, a retired lawyer (see my profile for my instructor credentials and training background).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy
...I think this pretty much a semantic discussion at this point...
It's more than a matter of semantics. How you choose to express yourself and present yourself to the world will be understand by others as a reflection of your value, character and attitudes.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02936 seconds with 8 queries