View Single Post
Old July 14, 2010, 12:16 PM   #21
Edward429451

<"If you are going to pull your gun out of your holster, you damn well better pull the trigger (unless you are a trained LEO). Otherwise, you have no business extracting metal from leather.">

I understand this mindset and in no way can say it is wrong. I do not adhere to it 100% because (luckily) it is not always necessary to shoot if one draws. If I don't have to shoot then by god I wont shoot. That does not mean that I've never felt the need to draw, it's happened...

Once working security at Eastland Lanes in Columbus an off duty CPD caught his wife being 'searched' by another man. Big man chases away the oppurtunist and proceeds to slap his Wife around. I tell him to go so he decides to take his frustrations out on me and double palmed me causing me to drop my radio. I introduced him to my PR-24 a few times and he's standing there bleeding and says something to the effect of oh you are so dead and reaches in his pocket, and I'm thinkin knife so I draw and go to low ready in case he's going for carkeys instead...I got my response, he started paying real close attention to me and moving real slow, he was going for his keys to leave. I felt bad about it but knew I did the right thing.

Another time, a pair of Guys followed me and my then pregnant Wife off the bus and wanted to get our money with a shell game so I yelled at them to leave us alone, and took my Wifes arm and head her up a side street, 1/2 block up here comes one of them out from between the row of houses and I turn around to see the other one approaching from up the street. The big one is crowding me and I am trying to give him space and half steppin backwards giving him room and he keeps shuffling towards me closing the gap and I was backed up against the street. Suddenly it escalated and I could feel him about to suckerpunch me and then he was going to knock down my pregnant Wife and take her purse. I remember it like yesterday, with my left arm I sweep my Wife rearwards and took one step back with my right foot and took a drawing grip on my 1911...(I never made firends so fast in my life!) The big guy puts his hands up and steps back, the smaller one sits down in the grass very fast. The big one turned and started to walk up through a yard the direction he had come between the houses. I took her arm and we jogged a few blocks to create distance. Then I couldn't stop shaking for like 20-30 minutes! Oh i was all pumped up, that was close.

Page generated in 0.02302 seconds with 8 queries