View Single Post
Old June 10, 2002, 11:18 PM   #8
Correia

Got my issue today. Excellent article.

And it gave me the warm fuzzies, because here is Pat Rogers, who by all accounts is THE MAN, talking about how to use a rifle up close and fast, and it is pretty much how I shoot a rifle. (only not as good, or as fast, I'm sure).

I've always found that magazines make good monopods. I've used an AR15, Vepr, and FAL in this manner. None of them ever had any malfunctions other than sticking my fingers into the ejection port. (ouch, hot). I have learned not to put the magazine onto anything really hard, like concrete, or a car hood, because the jolt from recoil bounces the gun in a strange manner that really throws you out of your groove. I also get a kick out of the guys who say "use the 20 round mags, so you can get lower." Dang those guys must be really skinny. I can't get much lower and still raise my head enough to look through a sight while resting on a magazine.

You know what I like about SWAT. Most gun magazines are 90% guns, gear, and groovy equipment oriented. Seldom will they ever talk about how to actually use the equipment to be a better shooter. It seems like just about ever issue of SWAT has an article about how to actually shoot! So far my personal favorite is still Ashley's about sighting. But there is always some good educational info about the training end of things.
Correia is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03888 seconds with 8 queries