View Single Post
Old August 13, 2001, 06:46 AM   #7
K80Geoff

The 1100 and 11-87 are both "Gas" guns. The Benellis are recoil operated.

One of the problems with "Gas" guns is that they are often finicky about different loads. New "Gas" guns often have problems with failures to feed. Sometimes this is cured after a break in period and sometimes you have to start replacing parts to get them to work properly. Some work fine out of the box.

Sometimes it is a matter of proper lubrication, or too much lubrication, or the wrong type of lubrication.

Other times it could be the shells, some lighter shells will not produce enough power to operate some actions, others may have misshapen brass that causes the malfunctions.

My suggestion is to re read the guns instruction manual and try lubricating the manual's way. And change the brand of shells next time you shoot.

Also check out the www.shotgunreport.com website for loads of usefull information on maintaining "gas" guns.

I shot Sporting Clays this weekend with a couple of TFL'ers and one had a new Mossberg "GAS" gun. He shot well for his first time but I did notice the gun FTF'ed seveal times. You just have to shoot the gun and learn it's likes and dislikes. Learn how it likes to be lubed and what shells it likes. And break it in.

Geoff Ross

Page generated in 0.03443 seconds with 8 queries