View Single Post
Old March 1, 2008, 10:24 PM   #1
weimar_police

1st Gen Colt interesting marking

I picked this up a week or so ago, and I am trying to find out further information, I was pointed in y'alls direction. Barrel states 45 LC, although the trigger guard has 44 on it;

This is a mixmaster, but real Colt Single Action Army, it is in 45 Colt, and has the long artillery 7 inch barrel. It locks up tight, but has no bluing left.

It has several interesting things, the rear strap is marked "Arizona Territory 1895", yet the gun was built in 1907 by the primary serial number on it? However, the other two numbers would place the grip strap portion, well before 1895...
from Wikipedia
Quote:
The Arizona Territory was an organized territory of the United States that existed between 1863 and 1912, as well as a territory of the Confederate States of America that existed officially from 1861 to 1863, when the Union territory was declared in Washington, D.C. The two territories were overlapping but not identical in boundary. As such, they played a significant role in the western campaign of the American Civil War.
I think the Arizona Territory engraving is either a real winner or just something that the owner experienced and wanted to show it. I have a call into the Colt Archives to ask questions on the serial numbers.

Opinions?

Page generated in 0.03802 seconds with 8 queries