Thread: Optics?
View Single Post
Old December 25, 2006, 07:01 AM   #9
BigV

Quote:
Of the three, I think you would be best served by the Leupy.

Reasoning: All of the optics listed are Tier One. They are proven to be durable, reliable, accurate and have the requisite coolness factor.

Of the three, only the Leupy has an adjustable power feature that lets you go from 1x to 3x. Only the Leupy comes with a mount.

If you buy an ACOG or M3, you'll also have to invest in a good mount (Larue). There's no sense in buying a top-shelf optic and cheap chinese mount, so buy the best there is.

If you buy an ACOG, you can buy either a 1x or a magnified, but you can't have both in one.

If you buy an M3, you get a true 1x but have to buy a 3x magnifier and mount seperately if you want to see down a long range.

With the Leaupold, you have a 1x and a 2x and a 3x, and an integral mount, and an illuminated reticle.

Just my thoughts. I don't have any of them.
Don’t forget the Lifetime Warranty on Leupold scopes…
I have had many scopes in the last 30 years and have finally figure out that you get what you pay for. I have thrown out a half dozen scopes in the past because of cracked lenses, broken recitals or bad seals. I have sent back 2 Leupold scopes in the last 25 years and when I got them back, they were in like new condition. Leupold customer service and their lifetime warranty makes them worth the extra $$. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it…

Page generated in 0.02596 seconds with 8 queries