View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 10:26 AM   #8
TunnelRat

Quote:
Any day you can rid yourself of a Glock is a good one.
Ah predictability. I don't even need to read your posts anymore, I just draw from memory.

Let me give the OP some food for thought. I have a hammer. Yup, a regular claw hammer. It's nothing special, I bought it when I got my first apartment. I think it's a Craftsman. It has zero meaning to me. If I lost it, I'd buy another and keep going. What's my point? Well how do you view your guns? To me they're tools. They don't need a "soul" to do their job anymore than my claw hammer needs a soul to do its job. I beat on both of them. They'll both likely last my natural born life, but if they don't both companies would replace them for me at little to no cost for me. Other companies make hammers, but just like Glock in the end they all go bang and shoot people. I have zero problem saying that, I own guns to defend myself from two-legged attackers. They're not a fashion statement. Whatever allows me to be as effective as possible is what I will own. Maybe there's a better hammer out there, just like some people prefer other guns over Glocks (myself included). But a Glock is a perfectly usable tool.

However, I don't believe everyone has to be that way. I've worked with a general contractor a few times who is a really nice guy. For his tools he uses a set of steel tools with iron grips that were owned by his grandfather, passed down to his father, and finally to him. Now he uses them just like they were retail store tools, he doesn't baby them. But they also have some meaning to him. He can use his tools just as well as I can use mine. They don't limit him in any way. However they are heavier than mine.

You have to decide how you want to view your guns: as tools, or something more. You can also, my preferred option, own some guns that mean something more and some that are just tools. But I wouldn't get rid of that Glock. It's a good tool.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.03752 seconds with 8 queries