View Single Post
Old May 7, 2010, 08:58 PM   #23
Sevens

Gentlemen, if those work for you, all good. I'm planning to send these about 1,600 FPS. You can do that with some cast lead, with some trial and error -- with the right hardness and the right sizing, maybe a gas check thrown in for good measure. You might even be able to pull that off with a plated bullet, but all the plated bullet MFR's suggest you load them like cast lead bullets and stay under 1,200 FPS.
Quote:
The Raniers are not out of stock and work just fine. The light bullets work fine too. Is there a reason you have to load to the 1500-1600fps level? I could care less about your bet, I'm saying that if you want to reload for the .327 Federal, bullets are available.
Nice chip on your shoulder. I'm thrilled with how little you care. Doesn't make you right -- you are STILL dead wrong. You could probably be MORE wrong. Check again (or don't), but Midway is out of stock on the Ranier plated .312" slugs.

Is there a reason why I need to send them at 1,500-1,600 FPS?! Of course there is a reason. (yes, I know you could care less) My whole point is to try and replicate the factory loads, that's why I want to handload them rather than simply buy them.

I know bullets are available, I've said as much and I've detailed the loads I've built with a few different bullets in the thread I linked.

I know that you could care less about the drivel you've written, but I'm here to discuss this round and the loads available for it and the loads that attempt to replicate it. Not some mousefart poppers that run somewhere around the 21k PSI that the (WEAK) .32 H&R Mag runs at.

Page generated in 0.03858 seconds with 8 queries