View Single Post
Old November 20, 2005, 01:48 AM   #41
0utlier

About 15 years ago I was at an outdoor range. It was kind of a come as you are, use good sense type of place, but legit. We had shot and cleared the range, or so we thought. This young girl, who was with her Grandfather, began shooting downrange while WE WERE DOWNRANGE TOO.

I looked at her shooting the clay plates that were a few yards to the right of us. No sooner, I felt an incredible pain in my calf. It felt like a several wasps had stung me at the same time. I grabbed my calf in pain. I looked down and blood was pouring from my calf. I was simply in shock. Had I been shot at the pistol range? How ironic would that be?

We get uprange and best I can tell is it was either a ricochet, or part of the clay target hit my calf. It was a graze, but deep enough to bleed pretty good. I wrapped my calf and we leave.

To this day, I think how unbelievably dangerous that incident was. I never went back to that place. Had I been the litigious type I could have made life very difficult for several people.

Page generated in 0.03067 seconds with 8 queries