View Single Post
Old October 3, 2012, 07:55 PM   #91
Eghad

The founding fathers did not like standing armies. The Continental Army was disbanded and the protection put back in the hands of the militia for a while. The militia is not a standing professional army such as our Armed Forces today.

The founding fathers are smarter than we give them credit for. They warned us about the present state we are in today. They didn't have crystal balls but they weer keen on human nature. They anticipated precisely what can happen when a free people retreat from their rights.

John Adams:

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.

"Now what liberty can there be where property is taken without consent?"

"The Utopian schemes of re-distribution of the wealth...are as visionary and impractical as those which vest all property in the Crown."

We were warned...the founding fathers knew human nature.

If you wonder about our rights to own firearms and the Second Amendment John Adams covers this pretty well.

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the U.S. from keeping their own arms."

The founding fathers knew two things were vital to the liberty of free men. The first was the freedom of speech. The second was the right to own arms.

That is why they are first and second in the Bill of Rights.

I chuckle to myself when I hear folks say the founding fathers could not anticipate today's world. The told us what would happen over two hundred years ago. They warned us that men would tell us that we muss pass these laws to remain safe with haste. It would only be a temporary measure. They knew that the natural law of individual rights was superior to any any government made by man.

NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03501 seconds with 8 queries