View Single Post
Old February 13, 2011, 05:50 AM   #16
Bill Akins

If you have any older relatives left who knew your grandmother and grandfather, you might want to ask them if they knew anything about that revolver. If you could establish provenance (historical proof) that one of your relatives carried it in the civil war, or even used it in the days of the old west, along with any very old family photos showing or documents mentioning the revolver, that could make it quite valuable. Not only to other collectors, but to yourself. If it was me, I don't believe I would consider selling it. It may be a true piece of your old family's history. I would research as best I could and find out.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.03216 seconds with 8 queries