View Single Post
Old January 25, 2014, 07:50 PM   #1
johnm1

Mosin Nagant M91Izhevsk Bulgarian Capture/Use

I have the opportunity to buy a M91. It is at a show so no pictures are available. Barrell and receiver match. No other parts match/have numbers. Bore is dark but rifling is strong and it is not counter bored. Imperial markings are present plus an added B I am told indicates Bulgarian use. One small stamping has been ground and restamped but was too small to see. Newer of the two stock variants with hand guard and sling slots. Decent amount of finish on the barrel and receiver. No finish on the magazine. Magazine did not have a number. Bolt did not appear to have a number. The rifle is in overall good shape and I like it and think it will shoot well. No import marks visible.

The asking price is $230.00. What are your thoughts on the price? It sounds pretty good to me. This is from another collector no a retail dealer. I forgot. The year is 1916 so it would fit into the collection of other WW 1 Rifles.

EDIT: The stamp on the receiver that has been ground off and replaced is the imperial eagle. I could not see what it was replaced with.

Last edited by johnm1; January 25, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.03265 seconds with 8 queries