View Single Post
Old October 18, 2011, 07:06 PM   #28
Sweet Shooter

@codyb1991
I used a Dremel tool to remove those "nubs". But like I said I ended up super-gluing a thin piece of leather back in there. I did use a metalwork file to remove some of the plastic running along the one side where it was a bit tighter. I don't think it makes much difference if the barrel is floated or not on with the synthetic/plastic stocks. If you get a nice walnut stock and bed it with pillars and float it, then I would expect to see a bigger improvement.

Try this at your next range visit... don't shoot three or five shot groups. A three shot MOA group looks bad and is a false indicator. Shoot a black dot about 1.25" in diameter so that you can't see your shots—don't use Shoot "n" See for this exercise. Be as consistent as you can be and shoot 10 or 15 rounds slowly. The barrel will still get hot but that's okay as long as you don't go crazy—I duno, count to 100 between shots. Ignore one or two flyers or shots you may have pulled (unless you pull three or four in a row in which case start over). Then visit your target.

You might be surprised, you might not. You may have a couple of shots opening your group up to 1.5 but look for the concentration. If your rifle will put 15 into an inch or just over you have a great rifle. It's fun to try.

-SS-

Page generated in 0.03099 seconds with 8 queries