Thread: IMR Trail Boss
View Single Post
Old January 16, 2006, 07:57 PM   #1
MLB44MAG

IMR Trail Boss

Hi

Just thought I would write a little bit about the new powder from IMR (Trail Boss). First things first the powder does not seem to meter to well im my RCBS uniflow. I suspect because of its donut like shape , On the hand I am very pleased on how well this new powder perfoms and its worth all the effort to measure each charge using a powder trickler. I have loaded and shot 4 different loads for my S&W 629 4".........

1. 6.3 gr. of T.B. under a 180 Gr OrganTrail FP for a velocity of about 900 fps. This Load shot so well that it will replace all of my light Tight group loads from now on Very light plinkin load and very accurate that will serve as a training load for my son to learn how to shoot a revolver.
2. 7.8 gr of T.B. under a 180 O.T. FP for a velocity of about 1050 fps. this load shot well.
3. 6.0 gr. of T.B. under an O.T. 240 lswc for a velocity of about 820 fps.
This load shot well
4. 7.3 gr. of T.B. under an O.T. 240 lswc for a velocity of about 900 fps. shot so well It gave me 2 inch groups at 25 yds out of my 4" bbl 629 and will be the only 240 lswc I shoot from now on.

Cases are starline trimmed to 1.275 and bullet seating so that the crimp is in the canalure. Data used for these loads came off the IMR Powders website.

Just thought Id share, I havent seen to much talk about Trail Boss yet.

Matt

Page generated in 0.03389 seconds with 8 queries