View Single Post
Old April 1, 2014, 12:53 PM   #20
schmellba99

If he's using the same dies in both presses, the problem is not the die being out of spec. The problem is how it's set up.

Generally it's a trial and error thing to get the die set up properly the first time. The good news is that once you get it set, you should be done. All progressives are going to have more flex in them than a single stage, so it sometimes takes more tweaking to get things set right, and you have to learn how to apply the same pressure every time on the handle, and it doesn't matter what color press you have in that aspect.

I've loaded umpteen thousand .223 rounds and at least 750 .30-06 rounds on my LnL AP, so it's not the fact that it's a Hornady press or Hornady dies (I have Hornady dies as well for both calibers). You need to take the time to really tweak any progressive before it's going to work the way you want it to work - and forcing the issue or hurrying through setup and tweaking is going to lead to nothing but frustration with equipment that generally isn't warranted frustration.

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries