View Single Post
Old January 9, 2007, 08:40 PM   #12
Trip20

Quote:
I would rather hunt something bigger (something that can conceivably hurt you, rather than a harmless deer).
If we're talking hand-to-paw combat (as it were)... well, then you got a point, sir!

But frankly, how does this come in to play when we're talking shooting animals with rifles from a distance? There's not a thing wrong with hunting with such a method, but doing so essentially negates the variable you mention. Certainly, a dangerous encounter with a bear is possible.

Most people start with small game and migrate towards medium game/deer, and so on. As others have mentioned there are numerous lessons learned in the process. I still squirrel hunt religiously. Not glamorous, but it's darn fun.

In fact, you might just enjoy hunting non-dangerous game simply due to the satisfaction involved with being successful in obtaining your quarry. Not to mention it's tasty! I say this while I snack on my venison sausage.

Here's what 350lbs of venison sausage looks like just after casing it! Hopefully this will motivate you!

Page generated in 0.03061 seconds with 8 queries