View Single Post
Old July 5, 2009, 01:15 PM   #64
5whiskey

Quote:
okay, then i must have missed something. How close did that one dog get to the closest person in your group? why fire the three shots if it appeared that your yelling stopped their advance?
because i'm not comfortable with two large, aggressive seeming dogs being within 25' of me and small children

I don't mind questions like "are you sure the backstop was adequate?". I don't mind comments such as "yeah, you need to keep the group closer together for events such as this" or "you need to overcome that safety fumble with more training". Or even "you could've just fired one warning shot". If there is any other way my tactics were deficient then tell me please. To question the decision made on grounds of morals does not comprise the response I was looking for. I acted as responsible as can be reasonably possible at the moment, balancing the need to be safe with the use of a firearm with the need to protect small children, without shedding any blood in the end. In other words don't give me some garbage such as...

Quote:
Before I use a firearm in SD against a dog, I will have teeth marks in me already so as to easily defend in court.
#1 I'm not letting teeth marks get into small children when I'm there if there's any way I can prevent it.
#2 This is the polar opposite of the attitude "yeah doggies, I'm gonna shoot that boy for trespassing. Yee-haw". There's extremes on both ends of the spectrum.
#3 I'm not you

Last edited by 5whiskey; July 5, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.04147 seconds with 8 queries