View Single Post
Old July 5, 2009, 01:11 PM   #60
5whiskey

Quote:
Not speaking for the OP, but for me... when dogs charge me, this isn't the best time to initiate a phone conversation... Once it is over, the emergency is over so it is not legal to dial 911 which is limited to emergency. If it isn't an emergency than I got better things to do besides buggin' the cops to discuss a dog complaint. My list of better things to do includes sittin here pickin' belly button lint. I also prefer to discuss with my neighbor the situation so as not to cost them $250 in fines. I also don't need the strife of a ticked off guy. I rather handle it face to face so he is well aware I ain't just blowin' smoke and am really serious about him controllin' the dogs so I don't have to do it myself!
I happen to agree with that Brent, but I did notify LEO (though not through 911) about the incident because I was concerned that the dogs were still running loose. Not becuase I shot my firearm and was about to shoot a dog. You can hate me, flame me, talk smack to me... around here shooting a dog is not an earth shattering event. I've shot several. I've put my own dog down because I thought he was too agressive. I've put 2 of my dogs down because they were injured. I've killed a neighbors dog that got into daddy's chickens when I was 12. The thought of calling the law never even occured to me then, or anyone else for that matter. Daddy took the neighbors dog back to him, along with the 2 chickens he killed, and buried it for him. I guess people were more civil back then... the neighbor helped Daddy bury the dog and they still went fishing together.

Things have changed a bit since I grew up. I understand that. Plus, I didn't like the idea of aggresively dogs running loose in a residential neighborhood. I called the SD using the administrative number. Everything is kosher on that end.

BTW, I don't mind legit questions. Such as the 911, why shoot 3 warning shots. I've addressed those. For everyone on their moral high ground high horse of "OMG he shot his pistol, he's guilty and trigger happy and ready to kill something"... stay out of my thread or I'll lock it myself.

Page generated in 0.03107 seconds with 8 queries