View Single Post
Old January 21, 2014, 08:21 AM   #13
alex0535

I also agree with what others have said. Take some camping trips, go fishing, that sort of thing. The important thing is spending time together. Hunting should be an afterthought.

Hunting is easy, killing something especially the first time is not. Practicing shooting is something you can do together. I would suggest a lot of practice, and eventually a hunter safety course if he is into the idea of it. Beyond hunting you need to know how to clean your kill, also not the easiest thing to deal with the first few times.

Squirrel was the first game I hunted, and I did it from a very young age. Fairly easy to dress, and I find them to be very tasty animals. I think that it would be best to introduce him to guns, and let him make up his own mind on whether or not he wants to go out into the woods and go hunting. Maybe go hunting by yourself a few times, bring back some meat and gauge his interest in being part of being part of it. He will probably either be enthusiastic about it or he may want no part in it, the point is that he shouldn't be pressured into it one way or the other.

Page generated in 0.02640 seconds with 8 queries