View Single Post
Old January 22, 2013, 11:00 PM   #11
j357

Thank You to everyone for responses and input!

Now on to answering some questions that have come up, some of which I should have addressed to begin with.

@ mehavey - Thanks for the QL insight, confirms my general research in several manuals that my load was most likely not too light for the case (even though it was very light). Many people advocate loading .38 Spl levels in .357 Mag cases. I went for greater than .38+P and less than .357 by a very educated estimate. ALSO if you could rerun the numbers based on a 6 inch barrel I would appreciate it, as that’s what my Mod 28 is.

@mete - many of these cases have been hanging around my bench around 15 years now that I think about it. I would imagine some are range pick up. All were carefully inspected and showed no sign of head stamp smear or primer flattening when I processed them. None showed flaking or thinning of the plating. I would assume less than 3 or 4 loadings on those that may be used pickup, if that. I had not previously reloaded any of these personally.

FWIW, After some searching, I find a lot more concern with nickel plated brass than reduced loaded .357s. However, I will visit the Lee reduced load manual section at this point.

Page generated in 0.03238 seconds with 8 queries