View Single Post
Old November 23, 2012, 08:19 PM   #21
armed_librarian

.40 S&W

My two .40s are a HK USPc and a S&W M&P full size. Both are great guns in my opinion, which probably isn't worth too much but I'll share it all the same. The USPc is one of the few guns that was designed around the .40 s&w rather than being modified from a different caliber.
http://www.streetpro.com/usp/uspintro.html
I love that I have the DA/SA trigger, and the external safety and decocker. You mentioned it would be a nightstand gun. You probably don't want to consider a compact for that role but keep in mind that the "compact" label the gun carries is very misleading. Put along side my M&P, they are very close in size.

The M&P is also a great shooter. To me it is very comfortable in the hand, and the interchangeable backstraps make it more universal to different shooters. Both guns are more accurate than I am. The one advantage of the M&P is the standard picatinny rail system if you decided to add a flashlight. The USPc requires an adapter to add the picatinny rail.

It seems that all the suggestions you've received so far are good ones. You can hardly go wrong with whatever you choose to buy. Best of luck in your decision.

Page generated in 0.02839 seconds with 8 queries