View Single Post
Old February 8, 2010, 08:23 AM   #5
zippy13

We recently had a thread discussing the various ways to keep a pump shotgun at the ready. It came down to the two typical camps: 1. Round in the chamber, hammer cocked with the safety engaged vs. 2. Chamber empty and the hammer down (unlocked). There's the third condition with the camber empty and the hammer cocked, but not many folks consider it a "ready" condition. One member didn't like either version, he didn't want to have to pump in a shell and he didn't like the idea of having the hammer cocked. At the time, I opined that a shotgun with a SA/DA trigger would fit his bill. When you go to a ready condition with a loaded gun, you hit the de-cocker, not the safety. It would put the simplicity of the DA revolver's "just pull the trigger" in a shotgun.

I think there's a significant market for tactical and HD shotguns with SA/DA triggers and de-cockers once people get used to the idea. I don't want one on the Skeet field nor the duck blind; but, when something goes bump in the night… it would be nice not to have to have the gun in a compromise ready condition.

Scattergun Bob, or any any other senior tactical shotgun trainers out there… Do you have any experience with shotguns that have a similar trigger operation as your student's service handgun? IMHO, it make sense for the tactical shotgunner to have the same trigger operation with his shotgun as his sidearm. Or, is there some reason it's to be avoided?

Page generated in 0.03212 seconds with 8 queries