View Single Post
Old October 10, 2009, 11:46 AM   #36
jborushko

i've always wanted to entertain the Hollywood way, from Training Day, when Denzel has a shotgun on a swivel under the bed.

I have always been to perinoid to leave a gun on the night stand, or just chillen in it. Between muscle memory, bad sleep, too deep sleep. Im afraid that in my sleep i will grab the gun and sleep walk shooting stuff or whatever, its happened (minus the shooting) but waking up in the living room holding a weapon in condition 0 is not something i like to repeat.

also too deep sleep- lets say some dude breaks into the house -past the security system, and finds me sleeping in bed grabs my gun from off the nightstand, makes that security go away fast as hell.

that being said. if somebody is in my house i want to be awake enough to handle the situation. i have my gun in condition 4 (not loaded not charged) behind the head board in a paddle holster i attached to the back of it. then the mag under the mattress at my feet.

so i have to:
1) WAKE up
2) grab the weapon
3) grab the mag
4) Wake up the girlfriend, get her into the bathroom/or out of the room
5) load the weapon, bringing myself to fully awake/alert and condition 0
6) turn on the mounted flashlight and crimson trace grips
7) handle the business

all of this can be done in seconds, we practice this drill with the help of my roommate (with the mag loaded with blanks)

EDIT: all that being said, the inside the bed frame drawer is good for the fact that that type of bed frame is not as common, and the drawers are out of the way, and they are covered by the bed skirt (love the color LMAO). bottom line if it works for you, GREAT!

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries