View Single Post
Old November 21, 2008, 10:45 AM   #19
Skans

The Wolf polymer coated .223 is decent ammo and won't hurt your AR.

I shoot the stuff in my AC556 full-auto. I've examined the spent cases and the poly coating is still intact - indicating that the steel casing never even came into contact with the chamber. If you have a stuck cartridge, the steel casing POSSIBLY could be a little harder on your extractor.

The Wolf ammo got a bad reputation when they were lacquer coated. The lacquer would melt off and gum up the chambers and cause cartridges to stick in the chamber. Not so with the newer poly-coated ammo. My AC556 gets quite hot when I'm shooting it - but not hot enough to melt the poly-coating.

Nor is the worlf ammo really prone to rust - also because they are poly-coated. The only draw back to using the wolf ammo is that it is too dificult to reload. Also, after the cartridge is fired, the cases do become prone to rusting if left out in the elements.

I am buying wolf .223 and 9mm when I can find good deals on the stuff. The ammo dealers have a lot of this stuff on order. I am hoping that after Obama's inaguration, the run on ammo will "cool off" and I might be able to pick up some more cheap wolf ammo at that time.

Page generated in 0.02333 seconds with 8 queries