View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 05:33 PM   #91
lcpiper

scrubcedar And I see where you are coming from better.

You must have had to deal with some extreme cases. I am sure some improved to a point where they could be sent home. I can see where there could be concern in these cases.

But I don't think many of these mass killings at schools and theaters actually involve someone who had been hospitalized for mental problems. I think most of these cases involve young people who have issues at home, issues at school, issues online even. And with some work most of these people would be fine. But they aren't being seen, they are only being prescribed. They are known to have trouble but nothing really happens about it and they don't get real help and when it goes on for long enough they decide no one cares. They start looking for a way out, a way to get even, or a way to make it big. And then they see it on the news, someone has done it, someone else has gotten out, made it big, or gotten even. And even if the motive is different they are still in a mental state that allows them to clearly recognize the opportunity to end their own brand of suffering. And they take it.

That girl who just killed herself cause she couldn't get help after she was raped. They say she felt betrayed by everyone who she believed would be there if she ever needed them. Well she needed them, they weren't there, or they weren't enough, and she killed herself. But she did write the names of her attackers on her body before she did it. She did use her own death as an instrument of revenge. Maybe with more time someone would have come through for her.

A never found a maybe that was ever worth much though.

Last edited by lcpiper; April 16, 2013 at 05:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 8 queries