View Single Post
Old March 15, 2013, 11:27 AM   #71
Pianoguy

I'm definitely a moderate on the issue. To me it's just another case of how un-united the country is. I don't call people loonies because they dont' feel safe or feel their children are safe with more people owning and carrying guns. I certainly don't feel law-abiding people carrying are somehow gun-nuts, either (or else I'd be one right now). To me the issue isn't the guns per se but why so many people seem to feel so antagonistic towards others to the point they need to resort to a gun to solve their problems - at 56 I've been around long enough to see that the combination of guns and violence seem to be becoming more common these days and it's the overall culture of the country that somehow has lost it.

Also it should be obvious that our country has evolved way beyond what the 2nd amendment writers could ever have envisioned. There was a legitimate reason to support gun ownership back then. I think we need to try to re-define how gun ownership relates to our society as it stands now in the 21st century. And people from both sides have to talk about the issue and not yell "looney" at the other side (and that goes for pretty much every issue in this polarized country these days). Both sides need some re-educating on the issue because it won't go away. I know compromise seems to be un-American these days but somehow people have to communicate and give a little when there is a reasonable solution instead of just wanting it all.

Last edited by Pianoguy; March 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.02367 seconds with 8 queries