View Single Post
Old April 20, 2010, 08:16 AM   #24
LordTio3

I hear you man. I really do.

Very similar situation happened to me after a string of breakins in my neighborhood. I drove up to my apartment complex one night, parked my car, got out, and passed one of these particular "gentlemen" on my way into my place. I drive a pretty nice looking car for a guy my age. I used my keyless remote to lock my doors and continued up to my apartment.

When I lock my car doors, my horn sounds, and my headlights stay on for 180 seconds.

After about 5 minutes, this gentelman knocks on my door. It's 11pm and there is no way in the world he should know which of the 8 doors is mine without having followed and watched me. I saw him through the peephole and got my weapon ready and behind me. When I answered, he said that he noticed my headlights were still on while looking behind me into my place.

I told him, "I know they are. Thank you. Good night." And I closed and bolted the door, got my keys, made my way to the bedroom window, and just as I expected, he walked right out into the lot and started looking into my car windows. I pushed the lock button again, sounding the horn, and he jumped, looked back up at my window to see me standing there staring at him, and slowly moved on.

I watched for an extra 5 minutes and promptly moved my vehicle and slept lightly that night.

So I feel you. I've been well-trained and believe that you should always trust what your instincts are telling you. I even go as far as to trust what my dog's instincts are telling him. The worst that can happen is that you are over-cautious. I agree with your assessment and your reaction.

Well done,
~LT

Page generated in 0.03445 seconds with 8 queries