View Single Post
Old March 6, 2013, 02:47 PM   #1
HarrySchell

ACLU to look at "militarization" of local police

This may well be off-point but it occurred to me it is related the the "gun control" push as follows:

The sudden push on “gun control” and the militarization of police are intellectually incompatible to me.

First, the trends increase the imbalance of force available to citizens, compared to police, from where it already is.

Second, police seem to think they need lots of weaponry to deal with existing or probable threats adequately. I am my ONLY line of defense until and unless police arrive at wherever I have been confronted by a criminal (the same criminals they are arming up for). How can anyone tell me I to disarm or reasonably should not have similar weapons available to me wherever I might meet with criminal action?

Implicit in the second point is why it doesn't matter how police are armed, until they reach my location. That they have all this nice gear is meaningless when they aren't around.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?1362577121

Page generated in 0.04915 seconds with 8 queries