Thread: Close Calls...
View Single Post
Old July 5, 2005, 08:41 AM   #44
stephen426

Hi Attack Turtle,

Thanks for responding constuctively!

My 850 was pretty quick, as in low 6 second 0-60 and at least 135 mph top end (thats the fastest I've taken it anyways ). I think I would have dusted the Bronco. That is not the point though and I agree with your response. I would be endangering others as would the idiot that would be trying to chase me down.

Hitting innocent bystanders is a very big concern of mine. I would only fire if fired upon and if I had a decent shot. I would not shoot into a crowd of people in other words. My thought with the laser was to intimidate him into backing down. I know this is probably considered brandishing but this guy was ready to run me off the road. He would have smashed me into the median if I didn't slam on the brakes.

As for stopping completely, I agree with your analysis. This is probably what I would have done if the off duty cop did not intervene.

I did not have my girlfriend (now my wife) with me the second time. She was pretty ticked about the whole incident the first time. Apologized for losing my cool and getting us into the situation. She is very cool and accepted the apology.

Attack Turtle, Thanks again for the constructive criticism.

Page generated in 0.02602 seconds with 8 queries