View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011, 12:32 PM   #7
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

H&R model 176, single shot break action with a 36" barrel. It is so much fun to shoot it should be illegal. I have had other people most considerably smaller than me shoot it and all agree it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be but holding that long thick barrel up in the air to point it at the target took some muscle. Full choke and it does not like 00. At 25 yards it shoots a donut pattern big enough for a large rabbit or medium size dog to walk through but everything from #7 1/2 to #3 steel shot shoots wonderful patterns to point of aim I bought it second hand on line and wish I had gotten one sooner, it quickly became a favorite gun, so favorite I just sent for a press so I can reload for it because a case of 10 gauge makes my wallet weep.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02839 seconds with 8 queries