View Single Post
Old February 1, 2008, 02:38 PM   #10
m24shooter

Pat:
Jermtheory was asking about being able to see the reticle with the off eye (and specifically with the right eye closed), and mentioned the Aimpoint. I don't see how he could see the dot with the off eye due to the tube of the Aimpoint, which is why I mentioned the wider FOV with the Eotech.
The tube on the Aimpoint is longer, meaning that the cone in which the reticle can be seen is narrower than the Eotech, at least from what I've seen. My optics are M68s, although I have shot the Eotechs a few times. The glass on the Eotech has the shorter "rollbar" hood that it sits in, and to me at least has a greater range of viewability and can be seen from points farther off to the sides than the Aimpoint.
When I said narrow envelope that is what I was referring to: the range from side to side behind the optic in which the reticle can be seen, not the technical capabilities of the scope. For me, I can move my head laterally behind the optic more and still see the reticle with the Eotech than Aimpoint.

Last edited by m24shooter; February 1, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.02722 seconds with 8 queries