View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 02:10 PM   #39
gadawg31

Someone stated; we need to ban guns, because we have idiots that kill people. Why not ban cars, since drunk drivers kill people as well? The sad facts are, we will not resolve this issue by banning assault weapons, or even restricting mag capacity. We need to have more accountability in life and more consequences for actions, such as laws that make people actually pay for their crimes. Not just giving them a slap on the wrist and put them on probation. If we crack down on this, then it should start to sink in with those who think about doing dumb stuff and act as a psychological deterent. Growning up, my psychological deterent was my dad whipping my ass if I did something stupid. At my sons school, they have the security doors and a resource/dare officer (who is armed). Maybe all schools need to start looking at this as a deterent, before we jump on the "ban everything gun related" band wagon. As my dad always said: Locks are on made for honest folks, so evil will happen, we just need to be able to control the carnage. Just my 2 pennies.

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 8 queries