View Single Post
Old June 30, 2011, 05:21 PM   #28
Eghad

My big problem is #1 I don't trust any person with Brady. They can say they just want to regulate firearms but we know that is a lie. They want to ban handguns. So why would I trust any Doctor who is in cahoots with Brady?

It all starts out innocent....

I work with the military as a civilian. I have to deal with medical records and medical information as it relates to individual readiness. Every so often the military members have to have a physical exam.

Imagine my surprise when I get back information that a military members access to firearms is restricted. I usually notify the Commander and Sr. NCO in charge. WE are scratching our heads because we know these people and the pieces of the puzzle don't fit. The commander calls the individual in to counsel him.

The individual is like WHAT! As you know the military has a big problem with PTSD so they are looking for it big time. When you talk to the individual he says I told the Doc nothing about having behavioral health problems. The deal is the Doc never asks that. He asks a series of questions about it. If you answer yes then you get tagged. Most of the times the person is just having a bad hair week or month nothing on a permanent basis.

This can be a doctor or a nurse practitioner asking these questions. Who may have no background in mental health issues.

We then have to send the individual to a "qualified" mental health proffesional to get them cleared.

Imagine how easy it would be to slip this in a medical exam. Imagine then the Doctor making a call to law enforcement that this person has firearms and has mental health problems and is a danger to himself and others....

If you give the Brady folks and inch they will take 10 miles.

NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03327 seconds with 8 queries