View Single Post
Old February 9, 2013, 08:52 PM   #1
walkabout76

horse back trip across America, what guns would you take?

Horse back trip across America, what guns would you take??

Hello i'm a newbie here... I have been planning to ride a horse (and probably will take a pack horse also) from north carolina to New Mexico and then up through the rockies to cananda and then over to seattle. I am crazy enough to do it i already have hitch hiked through every state in the country.. I am curious what guns others would take.. A few things to keep in mind would be legalities, allthough open carry is legal in most states.. and then there is a small weight issue.. if i take a pack horse not so much so but weight would still be a consideration....The guns would be for protection againts people,bears,and possibly some hunting although most my food would be store bought... On a trip like this i like the option of being able to hunt.I currently own..
Ruger #1 in 30-06
Ruger sp101 357 mag 3" barrel
Glock 23
And a ruger mark III hunter 22 lr.

I know most of u all will include a shotgun.lol (probably wise) and I know the ruger #1 is not that practical but im fast at reloading it and it is more accurate than i am.(-: and im having a hard time convincing my self not to take it(-:
Ps....Ive met several people who have rode cross country and they took no guns but i want to make more of an adventure of it and take some remote routes and trails. And also be more self sufficient, than they were.. And i just sleep better when i have guns around out in the woods.lol. But at the same time i dont want to look like an overly armed wacko riding down the road(-:

Page generated in 0.03474 seconds with 8 queries