View Single Post
Old December 10, 2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Mark Milton

Answering the door naked

It works!
I live in what used to be a high robbery area. When I first moved there, I had no air conditioner and tended to sleep naked.
Now, mind you, I seldom had visitors after 8 p.m. except my girlfriend, so I figured any knock on the door after 10 p.m. at night might be spurious or a criminal attempted to do a rush and rob, a lot of which happened in my town back then.
Basically theives knock on your door in the middle of the night and when you open the door they rush in, overpower you and rob you.

So I started answering the door with my .45 in my hand....buck naked if it was after 10 p.m. at night. I showed up at work at 7 a.m. in those days and went to bed early.

I figured that if somebody was up to something no good, the sight of a large, ugly, naked man with a large handgun might disturb them so much that I would have a tactical advantage over them. After all, tactics are things you do, not things you buy.

I did this for many years and eventualy it paid off, albeit not in the way I had thought.
I had this one aquaintance who was a real pest. He was the friend of a friend who had poor taste in friends. This idiot would come around, annoy the crap out of you for an hour or two and try to bum money off you.

One night, he knocked on my door about 2 a.m.

You guessed it...
He never came back!
It works, it works!

Page generated in 0.03244 seconds with 8 queries