Thread: Deal with it.
View Single Post
Old November 9, 2015, 12:56 AM   #15
OnTheFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer
My gun shoots to the right, left, up or down. I need a new gun, a new grip. Glocks don't work for me because of their ergonomics. I need a shotgun because I won't miss. Blah, blah. Guess what most of that is in the user.
I know right?! I was at the local range when a three guys came out to shoot together. They were only shooting out to 7 yards and one of them was having a heck of a time hitting the target. They kept saying things like "Gosh, I don't know why you're not hitting it". I stopped and watched the guy mash the trigger so hard he was driving them low even at 7 yards. Then his slide locked back and he didn't notice. I watched his face as he yanked the trigger on the empty pistol, and he was slamming his eyes shut.

Being an instructor since I was 19, I couldn't help but give my two cents. After taking my advice, he was suddenly on paper. The nice part is that he thanked me when he left the range. My pleasure!

Another time at the range, an acquaintance was shooting a couple of lanes down. I would hear BANG and then "Huh!". Another BANG followed by "Gosh!". After this went on for several minutes, I just couldn't help but ask what he was having trouble with. He told me that one time the gun was shooting high, then he would adjust the sights and it would shoot low. I asked, "Have you ever shot the gun off of a rest so that you are confident the sights are being held steady and then squeeze the trigger very carefully?" He said "No...why would I do that?" and I told him in a very nice way "Well, chances are it's not the gun, it is you". The next time I saw him he thanked me and said I was correct. I know...I'm a genius.

Before someone goes crazy about using a rest with a pistol, yes I am aware that a rest doesn't show where the shooter is going to place the shots offhand, but it does test the accuracy of the gun to make sure it is functioning correctly.

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...

Page generated in 0.02706 seconds with 8 queries