View Single Post
Old November 5, 2015, 03:23 PM   #7
NINEX19

Once again, how does a state law in WA, change any laws or behaviors of the parts of the world where this is a problem?

I am not advocating the elimination of a species. Hunters, for the most part, are the largest group of conservation advocates there are. The issue I have, is creating a class of criminals, overnight, in this relative speck of the world, over something on which we will have no impact on. We just created more jobs for L.E., lawyers, courts, prisons, etc.

What if I have a musical instrument that has 16% ivory by volume? How do I prove that ivory over 100 years old? At whose expense? What documentation is acceptable; by whom?

There already is an INTERNATIONAL ban on ivory trade (this already includes us). All this does is create criminals, expense, and punishment for the people of this state who never were nor intended to ever be criminals. This only impacts grandma's piano, grandpa's ivory handled walking stick, my great uncles chess set, and elephant foot end tables my cousin had made back in 1950 something. All these will then have no value and cause me to look over my shoulder, waiting for someone to make me a criminal. That would just leave the option of complete destruction. To whose benefit?

Quote:
Bummer for people trading in ivory and money paws and Cheetah heads to mount. Really sucks for the perverted people who like to kill beautiful endangered Rhinos and Lions
When was the last time you ran into a "pervert" in Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, Ellensburg, etc. trying to sell you monkey paws or a cheetah rug? If your answer is never, than why the laws to make grandma a criminal. If your answer is "chinatown" than the WDFW and international laws already have laws to enforce in that situation. Call them up and turn them in.

Last edited by NINEX19; November 5, 2015 at 03:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.02658 seconds with 8 queries