View Single Post
Old September 4, 2010, 03:39 AM   #1
FailureByDesign

Full size gun safe for an apartment?

Hello there,

Soon i will be moving from my 3rd floor apartment to a first floor apartment. I am sick up hiding my guns under my bed and need something substantial to park them in. I know a burglar can get into anything if they are determined but I think having my guns in a 700lbs safe is a bit better than under the bed in plain view

I want a full size safe, about the size of a Remington Silver, around 600-700lbs. I'm not to worried about fire protection rating, and I highly doubt i will be able to bolt anything to the ground. I want something heavy, but not to heavy. I need something that will hold at least 7-8 long guns and would like separate shelving for pistols and other stuff.

I have no problem buying a used safe, i dont want to spend more than 750.

I have been watching craigslist but haven't seen anything come up. (Phoenix area)

* also any advice as far as getting the safe into my apartment? I think I'm gonna have a friend help, use a dolly, do it at night and cover it up with a blanket. Obviously I dont want to bring it in during the day to let anyone see it, anyone done this before?

Any suggestions?

thankyou, paul

Page generated in 0.01907 seconds with 8 queries