View Single Post
Old April 26, 2008, 06:40 PM   #3
DEDON45

I've found that with some calibers (don't know about the .40S&W) like .44 Magnum, finished round ejection works more reliable when I let the press downstroke quickly ... going slow sometimes results in a minor binding at the ejector wire... My .45ACP dies and shellplate don't exhibit this minor issue. I just work a little more forcefully with the .44Mag setup.

Not sure (as the other poster mentions) about your priming problem... sounds like you're saying the shell plate is moving... the manual mentions that there's a symptom of misadjustment on the pawls that results in slight shellplate movement. The only issue I've had with priming involves WLP primers and some types of .45ACP brass... the stacking of tolerances make insertion of these primers into certain cases somewhat difficult, but only rarely. Magtech LP don't exhibit this issue. When I feel a WLP getting "tight", I just reach in and wiggle the case, and it slides in. I don't buy WLP primers, but I'm using some up a friend gave me to load some LRN for him.

Have you tried calling Hornady? I've been told they can be helpful with most issues. I almost called 'em about my .44Mag issue, until I figured out I couldn't be gentle with it!

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 8 queries