View Single Post
Old May 15, 2011, 08:11 AM   #4
Misssissippi Dave

.22 pistols tend to be picky with ammo. There are many factors that can effect how well a given ammo will feed and how consistent it will group.

Federal Auto Match from Walmart seems to feed well in my P22 and groups pretty good as well. It costs less then the Mini-mags do as well. The Federal bulk boxes of 550 rounds do alright but I find I get more of them that might need a second strike to fire. Remington ammo in general give mine fits.

Yes, Mini-mags will shoot pretty well in most .22 semi-auto pistols. You can get good results for less money per round if you try different ammo to find what yours likes.

I have lots of Blazer ammo. Probably close to 2 cases of it. I use it mostly in the revolvers. I will shoot it in semi-auto pistols but when I do this I know I will have some problems.

The Federal Auto Match ammo comes in with 325 rounds in a box. The most common problem I have had with it is a light load and the round hit the paper lower then the point of aim. It cycles my pistols nearly as reliably as the Mini-mags do. It even worked well in one pistol that didn't like Mini-mags.

Page generated in 0.03609 seconds with 8 queries