View Single Post
Old October 16, 2010, 01:45 PM   #3
44 AMP
Staff

Tough call....

But look at the bottom line. If you are alive, you can get another job.

Maybe not easily, but a lot easier than if you are dead.

If it were me, I would be looking really hard at finding something else to make a living at that didn't put me (and my family) in such risk. Jobs, houses, even the kids schools are all things that can be replaced. Life is not.

And winding up dead, or paralysed because you were following the law, or the company policy is IMHO really poor compensation for doing the "right" thing.

One possible loophole, don't drive the company car when you go to those bad neighborhoods. That way, if you are armed, and Dept Fyfe busts you for it (regardless of the final outcome) you have not violated company policy. If they fire you, you have grounds for legal action.

Of course, you have to be sure that company policy doesn't prohibit you from driving your own car on company business (some do, for insurance reasons, since they supply the car). Check it out. It may be a way for you to be armed, and in compliance. Or it may not. The devil is in the details.

I wish you luck.

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries