View Single Post
Old January 25, 2010, 12:57 PM   #20
45Gunner

If it were me, I would want to reconsider using an AR-15 for HD. While I do have one in my arsenal, my tactical use is to keep back attackers before they enter my house. For example, they have penetrated the fence line and working their way towards the house. The only other time I would consider using an AR-15 for HD is if they are in my great room and I can ambush them from the balcony that overlooks the great room. Any round that I shoot will either stop at the intruder or enter the tile over cement floor. Other than that, my 1911 is my HD gun and it sits Condition One on my night stand each and every night.

I purchased my AR-15 when I owned a horse ranch and wild cats roamed the Everglades preying on livestock. The AR has a Trijicon ACOG scope on it and I could hit anything with extreme accuracy. I think, otherwise it is a bit of overkill to use in a crowded neighborhood. I know that if I miss an intruder with a .45ACP round, it will stop before it penetrates all the way through my wall and enter my neighbors house.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03421 seconds with 8 queries