View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 06:52 AM   #1
Ruffasacob

Rem. 1100 operation

I've got a question that's been hard to find an answer for. If the magazine is loaded first, then the bolt is pulled back and released, should the bolt close and chamber a shell? That's without touching the the bolt release on the bottom of the gun.

I've got 3 1100's in my shop now and 2 of them will not load the chamber if loaded as above. When the bolt is opened and you release the handle, it just stays locked back and you have to push the bolt release to close the bolt and chamber a shell. The 2 guns still function fine with a full magazine, after you release the bolt.

I looked at the owners manual online and it says to load the gun as follows, I'm paraphrasing. Open the bolt and load a shell through the ejection port on to the lifter. Close the bolt with the release button and load the remaining shells into the magazine. My guns all function fine when loaded like this.

It just seems to me when I've handled an 1100 before, when just one shell was loaded in the magazine, you could open the bolt, let go and the shell would load. When I've traded trigger groups, the behavior stays with each group.
Thanks for any insights, Ruff

Page generated in 0.03509 seconds with 8 queries