View Single Post
Old April 5, 2008, 02:30 PM   #3
snuffy

Order the 650 in one of the calibers mentioned, it will come with a set of dies for that caliber, shell plate, loaded round bin, AND one powder measure. IF you get it in 40 S&W you will have the shell plate for the 357 sig, and the case feed bushings are the same. The sig will need a powder funnel for it that also will work for 9mm. It also comes with both large and small primer feed parts and a low primer alarm.

If you have low ceilings in your basement, you may not be able to use the strong mount. It depends on whether you will be loading standing or seated. Mine measures 34 inches from the base to the top of the case feeder,(it's mounted directly to my bench).

If you use other dies, non dillon, you will need a powder die for each. Otherwise you will be moving the powder die from one tool head to another. Same goes for powder measures. Get a tool head for each caliber, moving dies around is a major PITA.

Order a set of the dillon allen wrenches, or go to a hardware store and get a set of ball-end allen wrenches. The first time you do a caliber change, you'll know why I recommended those!

The powder check/sensor is a nice reassuring addition to the toolhead. I move mine around from one head to another, but I do a season's reloading while it's set up for one caliber,(I have 7).

It's set up for .223 in those pics.

I would suggest just ordering the loader in one caliber. You can save some money by NOT getting a full caliber conversion for each of your intended calibers. The back of the destruction manual has a listing of all the parts needed to make up a caliber conversion. SOME of them are duplicates from other kits, like the 40 S&W and .357 sig use a lot of the same parts. Same goes for .308, 30-06 head size calibers all use the same shell plate and powder funnel.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02128 seconds with 8 queries