View Single Post
Old October 12, 2005, 09:10 PM   #17
22-rimfire

A few months before the season opener, I think about things that I need and get them. This year, it was a new wool hunting jacket. I like the nature of wool and I'm reverting back to my youth when I wore a Woolrich coat and so forth.

Make sure I have an orange safety vest if I am not wearing safety orange clothing. Make sure it fits over whatever clothing I plan to wear. I have several for different temperature ranges.

A week before the season opener I go through all the clothing, get things organized and hang them outside to air them out. I check to make sure things are reasonably clean, sharpen knives (several-one in the truck, two on me), and begin to collect any other odds and ends that I might need. I put all of this stuff (less the coats and pants) into a rubbermaid basket which is what I transport things to the field in. It is all in one place and I don't have to search for the stuff after I inventory everything.

Guns get wiped down lightly and I decide what gun I going to take with me. I keep a gun cleaning kit in the truck in case of something getting lodged in the barrel.

When I think I'm done, I go through it all again.

Nght before, I do a quick check of the stash and I'm ready to roll. Ammo gets placed with the stash the night before as do guns and other necessary items.

Page generated in 0.02585 seconds with 8 queries